Potato, Leek and Kale Puff Pastry Tart using Fior Di Vita Mozzarella For Pizza
Preparation time: approx. 40 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 2 packets of Fior Di Vita Mozzarella For Pizza, sliced
- 2 small leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves of kale, roughly chopped
- Puff pastry, 1 sheet, packet or approx. 250g
- 1 egg, whisked
- A small bunch of oregano
- Olive, salt and pepper
Fior Di Vita Mozzarella For Pizza
- Turn the oven on to 170 Celsius, fan setting.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan, and add the leek. After it has softened, add the kale to the pan and season. After ten minutes of sauteing on a medium heat, turn off.
- In the meantime, line an oiled baking tray with the pastry pressing the dough gently into the corners. Prick the pastry all over with a fork, and brush with the egg wash. Bake the pastry alone for 10 minutes. If the pastry puffs up in the oven, simply press out the air with your fork.
- Once pre-cooked, bring the pastry out and assemble the filling. Start by layering the mozzarella, followed by the greens and finally the potato. The potato needs the most cooking so it’s important it goes on top. Don’t garnish with herbs now because they’ll just burn.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place back into the hot oven, this time set to fan and grill. After 18-20 minutes, the pastry should be golden brown and crisp, and the potato cooked.
- Top with the fresh herbs, and slice to serve.