Creamy Shakshuka Recipe using Cucina D’Oro Cooking Cream
Preparation time: approx. 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- ¼ cup of Cucina D’Oro Cooking Cream
- 2 tbsp Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 RedElmar Anchovy fillets
- 2 sweet red peppers, cubed
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 2 tsp of harissa paste
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
Cucina D’Oro Cooking Cream
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the garlic for a few minutes before adding the anchovies. Cook and stir while the anchovies break down, and then add the peppers. Cook, loosely covered, for about 25 minutes, adding small amounts of water where necessary to loosen it up.
- Add the harissa, the Cucina D’Oro Cooking Cream and the tomato passata. Season and cook for ten more minutes. Take off the heat and blend the sauce to the desired consistency. Transfer back to the pan and back onto a low heat.
- Create 4 pockets in the sauce with the back of a spoon and crack the eggs into each one. Cook loosely covered on until the eggs cook through.
- Serve with copious amounts of coriander and plenty sourdough.