Spinach and Tuna Pie Recipe using RedElmar Tuna Chunks in Sunflower Oil
Preparation time: approx. 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 Sheets puff pastry
- 400g Redelmar Tuna Chunks in Sunflower Oil
- 1 packet of frozen spinach.
- 6 Redelmar Anchovy fillets
- 3 tbsp Lora Sliced Green Olives
- 1 large can of cooked peas
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg whisked + 1 tbsp milk
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sea salt and ground pepper
RedElmar Tuna Chunks in Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Fry onion in olive oil, add garlic and cook until golden. Add spinach, and mix well.
- Add RedElmar Tuna Chunks in Sunflower Oil, anchovy fillets, olives, peas, capers, tomato puree, mint leaves, salt and pepper, and mix well. Let the mixture cool.
- Line a pie dish with puff pastry and fill with the mixture. Cover dish with another layer of puff pastry.
- Seal the edges and prick top layer of pastry with a fork to let steam escape. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden.