Prawn Chilli Pasta Recipe using Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preparation time: approx. 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 16 raw prawns, with tails on
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 400g linguine
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ¼-½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large frying pan and cook the prawns for 1-2 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining Golden Drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan and cook the onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta until only just al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the garlic to the onion and cook for 1 minute, then add the wine, paprika and chilli flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add the tomatoes and mascarpone and return the prawns to the mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add the pasta to the prawn chilli mixture, toss gently and cook a further few minutes until everything is heated through. Stir through half of the parsley. If you feel like it needs any more moisture, add the reserved pasta water.
- Season to taste with sea salt if desired and serve with the remaining parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.