Halloween Cupcakes Recipe using Golden Drop Sunflower Oil
Preparation time: approx. 20 mins
Cooking Time: 22 mins
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1/2 cup Golden Drop Sunflower Oil
- 1-1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 drops orange food coloring
- 8 drops black food coloring
- 2 cups white buttercream frosting
Golden Drop Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place cupcake liners in a pan large enough to hold 12 cupcakes.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix for about one minute. Use a spoon to gently stir in Golden Drop Sunflower Oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for one minute at medium speed.
- Divide batter into two equal portions, pouring them into two separate bowls. Into one half of the batter, mix the orange food colouring and beat well. Into the second half mix the black food colouring and beat well.
- Using large spoons, start layering the coloured batters into the cupcake liners until they are 2/3 full. Take a butter knife and gently swirl the colors together, making sure not to mix them too much.
- Place pan in the oven on center rack. Bake for about 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for five minutes before removing cupcakes from pan. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Pipe on buttercream frosting, and decorate with Halloween decorations of your choice.