A Festive Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Schardinger Buttermilk
Preparation time: approx. 10 mins
Cooking Time: 70 mins
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ Cup of Schardinger Buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda and combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix these ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Gradually add flour mixture into the buttermilk mixture, whisking until all ingredients are well combined. Make sure not to overmix.
- Using spatula, fold sliced apples into the cake batter. Pour batter gently into an oiled Bundt pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Midway through the baking, turn the pan around in the oven for even baking.
- Once baked, let the pan cool off on a wire rack for about 40 minutes, then invert the Bundt pan to release the cake.