Spinach Gratin Recipe with Fior Di Vita Shredded Mozzarella
Preparation time: approx. 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 cup Fior Di Vita Shredded Mozzarella
- 1kg fresh spinach (3 bunches), stems removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 + ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Fior Di Vita Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut fresh spinach in half and cook in a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds until wilted. Rinse the spinach under running cold water until cool to handle. Drain it in a colander, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until melted butter turns bubbly. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add flour and stir well to combine. Stir in heavy cream and ¼ cup of Parmesan. Stir constantly and turn the heat down to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer until smooth and thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in spinach and toss well to coat. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes until heated through.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a baking pan and top with Fior Di Vita Shredded Mozzarella and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.