Easy Fried Bananas Recipe using Golden Drop Vegetable Oil
Preparation time: approx. 10 min
Cooking time: approx. 10 min
- 1 tbsp Golden Drop Vegetable Oil + more for deep frying
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, ice cold
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
Golden Drop Vegetable Oil
- Slice the bananas into 3cm slices, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, egg white, water, and Golden Drop Vegetable Oil. Mix well, making sure the batter is smooth.
- Heat up a small pot with Golden Drop Vegetable Oil on medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, gently coat the banana slices in the batter, then use tongs to place them directly into the hot oil. Turn the bananas over so both sides turn golden brown and become crispy. Remove from oil, and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, dust some powdered sugar on top of the bananas. You may also serve with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup.