Try this simple and tasty appetiser idea for Christmas – a Pull Apart Christmas Tree with Acqua & Farina Fresh Pasta Sfoglia.
Preparation time: approx. 20 min
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Acqua & Farina Fresh Pasta Sfoglia
- 230g pesto basilico
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp italian herbs
- 60g shredded mozzarella
- Marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out both Acqua & Farina Fresh Pasta Sfoglia set on a flat surface.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut from a bottom corner to the center of the top. Repeat on the other side so you have 1 full triangle. Do this to both pastry sheets*
- Spread the pesto over one of the triangles and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Place the remaining pastry sheet triangle on top of the filling and remove the parchment from the top. Stretch the dough to cover completely if needed.
- Using a pizza cutter, make horizontal slices about 2cm apart from the top to bottom, leaving the middle “trunk” of the tree intact.
- Pull the strips outwards and twist.
- Whisk the egg yolk and brush over the tree. Sprinkle with Italian herbs
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
*Note: Do not waste the remaining pastry. Use it to make some small sweet treats.