A Tasty Gluten Free Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna recipe with Fior Di Vita Light Shredded Mozzarella
Preparation time: approx. 35 min
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Fior Di Vita Light Shredded Mozzarella
- 6 Gluten-free lasagna sheets
- 500g Fresh Baby Spinach
- 500g Ricotta Cheese
- Italian herb mix
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 400g Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
Fior Di Vita Light Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel and crush garlic. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until the spinach leaves have wilted down. Stir through garlic. Remove from heat, and using a pair of kitchen scissors chop the spinach roughly.
- Place ricotta in a large bowl and break up using a spoon. Add eggs, Italian herb mix, pepper and salt. Add wilted spinach and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce over a lined baking dish. Place a layer of lasagna sheets over the top and spread with half of the spinach and ricotta mixture. Top with another layer of lasagna sheets.
- Spread the next layer with half of the leftover tomato sauce. Top with spinach and ricotta mixture, spreading it to the edges. Top with the remaining lasagna sheets.
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce over the lasagna sheets and sprinkle with Fior Di Vita Light Shredded Mozzarella.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the pasta is cooked through.