Established in 1995 quality foods (marketing) limited commercialises a range of premium branded food products such as Baronesse, Redelmar, Kolios, Golden Drop, Kuhne and Fior di Vita to leading retail outlets, supermarkets and to the foodservice industry.
We are looking for a responsible, reliable and trustworthy person, who wishes a career growth path, capable of assisting in the warehouse duties supervision ensuring thus the proper management of the day-to-day operations to accurately, efficiently and timely service the retail and / or food service outlets. The applicant should be a fast learner, eager to learn the warehouse processes and to follow the procedures and respect the corporate culture.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the warehouse supervisor
- Keep track and to familiarise all daily activities within the warehouse and directly be of support to the warehouse supervisor and other team members
- Check, sort and process the necessary documentation of incoming goods
- Optimise warehouse storage at all sites
- Perform routine stock takes to ensure the correct control, upkeeping and balances of stock
- Accepting goods returned by the delivery persons
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and to plan, develop and coordinate multiple tasks
- In the absence of the warehouse supervisor, you are to act as the leading official of staff members and delivery persons
- Monitoring follow up on cleaning schedules to ensure the premises are kept in a clean and hygienic condition
- Ensure that all machinery is used in a professional and efficient manner and kept in its optimal condition
- You are to communicate any health and safety hazard within your designated working environment
- Organise and monitor routine maintenance, cleaning and up keeping of the delivery fleet
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbally
- Fluent with computer use and Microsoft Office
- Be self-motivated and can motivate the rest of the team
- Train subordinates and explain in detail the importance of their role
- Be ready to work shift hours according to Company’s needs
- Be fully aware of safety standards at the place of work and act as a role model in health and safety procedures
Applicants must be in possession of a clean police conduct and a clean driving license. Experience in Warehouse keeping, inventory control, driving a fork lifter and possession of category C driving license will be considered as an asset.
The right applicant will be given on the job training and, as per the Company HR policy, will be given the opportunity to grow within the Company
Interested applicants may now apply on the application form or by sending an application letter and a detailed CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Human Resources, Quality Foods (Marketing) Limited, Time House, Dun Bartilmew Attard Street, Zebbug. ZBG 2712.
Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.